Thursday, March 12, 2009

Sunny Thursday

It IS a sunny day in Indiana, but its irritatingly cold. Again. Still. Sigh.

The family is actually well right now. Something I'm hoping we hang on to for a while. We've really been blessed to have very little of all the stuff that flies around...just minor stuff here and there. Connor usually gets the worst of it, and this winter has been no exception. But he's fine as frog's hair right now, and we're thanking God for that.

Connor and I went to have lunch with Colton today at school. He was tickled pink for us to be there. Mark will probably go next week, and we'll try to do it several times now till the end of the school year. One of the lunch ladies said of Colton, "This is the SWEETEST boy. He is so well-mannered, so kind, and always has a smile on his face! Good job, mom!"

Well, yes, I had a prideful moment just then. But it IS true of Colton. He IS just a sweet boy, and always cheerful. Even when he was a baby people said that of him, that he had the brightest countenence. He still does. He's rarely 'in the dumps' -- and even when he gets there (if he doesn't get his way about something) he does not stay there. Before long he's back at it.

And he has such a great talent for making everyone feel liked, regardless of their age. Younger/older...doesn't matter to him. He assumes everyone likes him and would want him to participate in whatever they are doing. He is truly a gift.

I've been faithfully moving this week. Not joyfully, mind you, but moving none-the-less. I missed Saturday and Sunday, but have done something every day since. I've been preoccupied w/ lots of other things so I've sort of put it off, or find myself pressed for time...so I've really relied on the "Walk Strong" online video that is available to Leslie's club members. I joined, for $30 for the year, rationalizing that its much cheaper than a gym membership, I get a new workout every month, plus lots of extra workouts if I want to do them (who am I kidding?), and discounts on her stuff.

So the "Walk Strong" workout is only 30 minutes, but its 'interval' training...meaning brisk walking, with little breaks for using weights. I did it last week, "as is", starting out with 15.5oz cans of beans b/c I don't have 1-lb weights. So I did the routine w/ my beans. Then after a couple days thought I could manage with the 2-lb weights I have. So I started using those.

Then this week, I opted to carry the weights during the entire workout -- walking AND strength training. And by the end, I am DRIPPING. And plum pooped.

Thing is, why don't I feel ENERGIZED after that? Rather than that I'd like to just go lay down? I'm really anxious to feel that.

I will probably do that workout again this evening. Its equal to 'about' a 2-mile walk, or maybe a little more w/ the weight thing added in. (per Leslie)...so I'm not getting the same distance that I could be by doing the "4 Fast Miles" or the "Advanced 5 Miles" -- but its really a workout all the same.

Tomorrow I'm going to TRY to do the 4- or 5-mile workout in the AM. I'm scheduled for some oral surgery tomorrow afternoon, and I anticipate that I won't be in the mood for much on Saturday. Just a guess. (having a wisdom tooth pulled, and some other icky procedure that will not be a walk in the park).

Anyway, I'm listening to reason and reading lots of blogs and msg board posts on a couple websites about not giving up. Even when you don't see results, DON'T GIVE UP. So, I won't. Just wish it would pay off sooner.

Whine. Sniff.

So enough of all that. Time to get some laundry started and figure out what will be on for supper tonight. (I really don't like to cook! Have I ever said that before??)

Have a great day everyone. I'll try to pop in again next week.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Kimmie.. I didn't kow you had a blog. Yea!

    I will be stopping by. Speaking of cooking... you will have to go and read my last two blog posts. We are kindrend spirits I'd say. LOL

    ReplyDelete