Monday, March 2, 2009

Another Cold Monday...

...and with that, despite the beautiful sunshine, is a dreary attitude that is struggling to do the right thing...with exercise, that is.

Why is this demon continually haunting and tormenting me? Will this be a life-long struggle? Or will I, one day, just wake up, hit the floor running, ANTICIPATING this? Boy I'd love to think so.

I missed Saturday AND Sunday this week. And boy is it hard to get focused to get back on track after missing only TWO days!

But I'm heading that direction...walking with Leslie...and you know what, if I poop out after only 3 miles, and don't go 5...well, its a start, right? Its 'something' -- which is better than giving up altogether.

Thing is, I just hate WAITING for things to happen. I naively expect fast results for my efforts...but I have to remind myself that LITTLE things add up, over time...that it took 2 years for Chantel Hobbs to lose 200 lbs! TWO HUNDRED POUNDS! Which means that with continued commitment to moving, and then improving what I'm putting IN, means I could have 80 lbs off in a year...which means a slow, SLOW loss of about 8 lbs +/- a month...but then, I'm not really watching the scale. I'm watching for my clothes to fit looser. THAT is a good marker for me...but so far, I've not seen much. That's discouraging.

But, I'm not giving up. I think I'm just unrealistic in my expectations of myself (as usual)...so I need to re-focus on the good this is surely doing, and just stick to it.

I have a dental appt today...not looking forward to it. Dr. Kinney is great -- and a great friend -- but I just hate the procedures. I have to have a crown, then next week, 13th, a wisdom tooth removed. That oughta be fun.

Connor is improved with the pink eye...but we'll continue with drops for 7 days, as well as the Amoxicillin for the ear infection. Poor kid. When he gets it -- he gets it.

Happy Monday, friends.

1 comment:

  1. Keep it up! You are doing great. Moving is better than not moving at all! I'm considering going back to Leslie. You reminded me she existed. I did a few years ago and did see results, so hand in there - it's coming!

    ReplyDelete