Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Tuesday

Thanks to all of you who have taken a few minutes out of your busy lives to catch up on mine!

We're off to a fairly good start today...back to school, happily for Colton and Connor, and less so for Kate. She's got Senior-itis, I think. She's ready to be done...

Connor starting 'barking' this morning...a sure sign that a cold is coming on. He has asthma, so when this starts we can usually bank on him being pretty punky. But I got him on the nebulizer this AM, with both his meds, and so far it seems under control. He wasn't coughing a lot, but 'hard' when he did. Hopefully, with another Xopenex treatment at noon, we'll keep him heading away from the worst of it. Just have to keep him inside so he doesn't breathe in too much cold air.

He wanted me to watch a Star Wars movie with him...which I could not resist. Not for the movie, mind you...but for just sitting next to him. Our days are numbered....next year he'll be in all-day Kindergarten! I am not feeling that great about that...I really like this little guy! LOL Most of the time he tolerates my affections...like kissing him all over his sweet little face...then other times, he'll say "Moommmmm...get off me!" Just like a boy, eh? Anyway, we watched together for a while, then I got up and got in a 2 mile walk with Leslie Sansone.

Why is it so hard to just DO IT??? I'm so pleased w/ myself when I do, but DOING IT is so hard. What is up with that???

Krissi spent the weekend with Gr'ma and Gr'pa Driver in Linn Grove. I'm so glad she was able to go...and it was really just her. None of the cousins were there, so she enjoyed time alone w/ them. She said she and Grandma looked through old pictures, and she found some school things of Mike's that she brought away with her. I know this was a very special time for each of them.

Kate is still in the investigative mode for what to do next...although now it appears she's set her sights on attending Ball State University, just up the road, and getting a degree in Elem. Music education. Plus, she might begin teaching Kindermusik, under the awesome guidance of our dear friend here, Maestro Kim Bemis! I don't know why I didn't think of this before...Kate would be great at that, and its great experience. Plus, once she's licensed she can teach KM anywhere! So, we'll see where that goes. She is also looking for another job...she is not getting enough hours at Old Navy, so she's put apps in at several restaurants. I told her that in this economy, people might be shopping less, but lots are still eating out. I think with her personality she could really charm some folks and, with good service, get some incredible tips. So we'll see about that, too.

I'd appreciate your prayers for each of the girls. They are both a critical juntions in life -- Kris graduating from college and facing REAL life; and Kate from hs, looking to follow her giftings and find some direction for them. I'll keep you posted!

Mark is traveling a lot this year...and already has a busy rest-of-the-winter, into March. It appears we will not make it to FL this winter ( I know...you're all disappointed for us!)...but he's traveling enough that we just can't seem to find a solid week...plus, we are focusing our extra $ on getting the basement done. But in all that, business has been incredibly good. Interest rates are down, so churches are in the market for re-fi'ing and getting their construction underway. If you know of anyone needing $$ for either, please holler. Mark can either serve them directly, or refer them to the person working that particular area of the country.

Okay...enough for now. I must go...I am spending a little quality time with my friend Pam Ellis. Remember Jim and Pam in your prayers...Jim will begin chemo THIS FRIDAY...he has been diagnosed w/ liver cancer...but our God is bigger than that...and we're asking for His touch on Jim! You can follow their "adventure" at www.adventureellis.blogspot.com They are full of faith, but need all the prayer support we can muster!

Blessings on your Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment